"And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience - among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind." -ephesians 2:1-3
Truths about our lives without Christ
1. We were dead
2. We walked in trespasses and sins
3. We followed the course of this world
4. We were obedient to the prince of the air (satan)
5. We lived in the passions of our flesh
6. We carried out whatever desires our mind and hormones directed us to
7. We stood under the wrath of God, with the rest of mankind.
, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ - by grace you have been saved - and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." - ephesians 2:4-10
Truths about God found in this text
1. God is rich in mercy
2. God has loved us with a great love
3. God loved us even when we were dead in our sins
4. God makes us alive with Christ
5. God saved us by grace
6. God has raised us up with Jesus
7. God is going to show us the immeasurable riches of His grace
8. We were saved by the grace of God through faith
9. Faith is a gift of God
10. We are God's workmanship
We were dead. God saved us. We followed the desires of our flesh which lead to death and He made us alive with Christ through His grace, and now we are seated next to Christ in the Heavenly places.
the gospel is a beautiful thing.
Labels: Calvinism, ephesians, gospel, grace